Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Letter of encouragement to survivors

Dear Kumiko Makihara,

How are you doing? I have heard of the situations in Japan and I totally sympathize with how you are feeling. I understand that it isn’t easy watching your country being destroyed by Mother Nature, while feeling so helpless. I really wish I could help in a way or another.

Kumiko, I really hope that you will remain strong and optimistic through this current turmoil Japan is facing. Everyone around the world feels for Japan and they are doing the best they can to help Japan. Countries from all around the world have sent rescue teams to save people who are affected by the earthquake. Many countries have also donated money so that Japan can replenish their resources and support the people living in Japan. In Singapore, we are raising awareness of the earthquake, which left people homeless, and many people are donating to the Red Cross so that we can help you guys in Japan out. Everyone is doing his or her part to help Japan out!

Don’t fret, Kumiko! I am sure Japan will be all right! I really admire how calm you guys in Japan reacted even though the earthquake had affect so many people. The order in which you keep when you collect water and food is just so good. With such brilliant attitude Japanese have, I have no qualms that you will pull though just fine!

I really hope that you have felt the effort we have put in to help Japan in one way or another and you will feel encouraged to look at things from a positive point of view. All of us will support you all the way! We will be praying for you constantly!

Yours truly,

Gerald Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment