Friday, August 13, 2010

Youth Olympic Games

Today is the start of the very first day of the Youth Olympic Games! I am very excited about this event as it is the first Youth Olympics and it is going to be held in Singapore! I am very proud of Singapore as it is going to be hosting a very big global event! Hosting this global event will allow us, youths to experience new insights. The Youth Olympics brings many youths from around the world to participate in competitions, we are able to make new friends from different countires. I feel we are very lucky to get to host the first Youth Olympics Although most of us are not participants of the Youth Olympics, we will benefit alot from this event. I had heard about a boy, Wei Jie who is very enthusiastic about the Youth Olympics. He had been following the Olympic flame and taking photos of it as it was passed to different people since it had arrived in Singapore. The press had noticed that Wei Jie had been following the torch and there even was a newspaper article about him. I admire his anthusiasm very much, he now has the chance to carry the torch! I hope to be able to watch the different events!

No comments:

Post a Comment