Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eye-for-an-eye injustice

If I were Ameneh Bahrami, I would have shown mercy to the attacker. I would have shown mercy to the attacker because showing mercy would have changed many people's point of view of revenge. As well as the fact that by blinding the attacker, it would not cure the damage done to myself. The person himself who threw the acid on the victim might also turn over a new leaf.
When I show mercy to the attacker, I am actually setting a great example for others to follow as well. This is because I am forgiving the attacker and this proves that we do not always have to have an eye-for-an-eye justice. This will change the world as by taking the first step of showing that revenge is not always the best solution, many others will follow too. Thus this would change many people's point of view as they will learn from my forgiveness and choose to forgive instead of having revenge.
I would have shown mercy to the attacker as there would be no cure to the damages I have received by blinding him. If I had chosen to have the person who threw acid on me to be blinded, it would not make a difference to my injuries. Thus there would be no purpose of blinding him as it will only result in the satisfaction of revenge.
Another reason why I would show mercy to the attacker is because it would encourage and inspire the attacker to turn over a new leaf. When I show mercy to him, he will feel very thankful that he will not have to go through the same fate as me. This will inspire him to change his ways and even might choose to give back to the society. If I had chosen to have him blinded then he would remain the same angry and sinful man, which might even result in him trying to harm others. Thus I will show mercy to the attacker as it will give him a chance to change.
Thus because showing mercy to him will change people's view, would not cure my injuries and allow the attacker to turn over a new leaf, I would choose to show him mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment