Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reflections on HBL 24/25 May

The home-based learning (HBL) lessons on the 24th and 25th of May was quite enjoyable and definitely productive. During the two days, we were given a few tasks for different subjects and we had to complete them by the end of the day. The tasks and assignments that we given to me were reasonable and I could complete them. One problem I faced during this home-based learning is my chinese assignment. I found it rather difficult to complete the task given which was to finish an online question sheet about a book "The Romance of Three Kingdoms". It required me to search the book for examples of a character who displayed leadership qualities. I ended up spending lots of time on this assignment. This was the only problem I faced during these two days.
I feel that home-based learning teaches us things that might not be as easily learnt in school. Home-based learning teaches how to manage our time properly and trains us to be disciplined. We learn this when we do our assignments. When we do our assignments we are tempted by the video games that are a click away. If we do not learn to be disciplined, we will end up getting no work done at all.
This home-based learning also allows us to maximize the time we have in a day. I say this because when we do home-based learning we do not waste time travelling during a normal school day. Instead once we finish our lessons and assignments we can use the extra time for other things. Moreover, we have an Integrated Humanities (IH) Exam the day on the 26th May. We can maximize the time after we finish our assignment to do revision.
On the whole, I feel that home-based learning is useful and allows us to practice discipline. I hope there will a few more home-based learning lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment