Friday, January 14, 2011

In class online lesson #2 task 2

2. I have been in a group of people who were unkind to a person. It was because he was quite a weird person and many people didn't really like him. He had an awkward way of behaving and he was born with some natural problems. He always gave off a bad scent and most people avoided him, he didn’t have many friends either. I was playing a board game with some people and he decided to approach us. He asked if he could join the game, right away they started telling him to go away and insulted him a little. I could see that he felt really sad and rejected. I felt very uneasy and guilty for not standing up for him. I thought about it and tried to out myself in his shoes. I knew it was definitely not right of us to just ignore him and poke fun at him. I think we should learn to be more understanding and mature to put ourselves in his position. If I were ignored like that and being made fun of I would obviously feel downcast and unwelcome. I feel everyone should respect each other and accept people’s natural features. It wasn’t a very nice experience seeing someone being treated so unkindly but I hope I’ll learn to stand up for a similar person the next something like this happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment