Monday, July 19, 2010

LA: Listening to sounds

I heard the owls hooting in the dark.
I heard the sheep bleating beyond the hill.
I heard the the wolves howling under the full moon.
I heard the sparrows chirping in the blossomed tree.
I heard the dogs wining in the corner.
I heard the horse neighing in stable.
I heard the bulls troting in the fields.
I heard the bees buzzing by the flowers.
I heard the frogs croaking on the lily pad.
I heard the mice squeaking from the mouse hole.
I heard the roosters cock-a-doodle-do the farm.
I heard the turkey cluck in the pen.
I heard the pigeons cooing over the hedge.
I heard the ducks quaking in the lake.
I heard the pigs oinking in barnyard.
I heard the cats purring on the couch.


1 comment:

  1. Nice poem. I can really feel the effect of sound poems once you wrote it out.

    ReplyDelete