Friday, July 16, 2010

LA lesson: Poetry

Yesterday, during Language Arts lesson, we learnt about poetry. We went through similes and metaphors and how they were used in poems. I wasn't very sure about what was the difference between similes and metaphors were before, but now after the explanation of similes and metaphors I am know the difference. Metaphors are a comparison of two things while simlies use "like" and "as". Let me give you an example of a simile, "His face was as pale as a ghost." I guess using similes and metaphors aren't that hard but I'll try not to overuse them. Our teacher gave us us a handout that allowed us to view more examples of similes and metaphors. I found the page titled "Funniest similes written by high school students" rather awesome. I had a good laugh reading the similes! The page after that was metaphor poems. We had to read the poem and guess what the poet was talking about. This exercise was fun as I had to think hard to guess what the poet was talking about. Our teacher left us with an assignment over the weekend. It is a complusory blogpost. We had to write a poem about about life and post it on our blog. I hope I will enjoy composing this poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment