Monday, May 10, 2010

Today's assembly in school

I found today's assembly very enjoyable and enriching. The pianst, Chisato Kusunoki was very amazing! I found the pieces she played was extremely soothing and nice. Her playing definitely awed me and I really want to learn more about classical music as well experience more of this genre of music. As I was listening to Kunsunoki play her pieces, it brought me back to the past where I was still learning piano. In the past, I went for piano lessons weekly but sometimes I just could not play some pieces properly, this frustrated me. After I started getting involved in more sports activities, I decided to stop learning the piano. So far, I have not really touched the piano for the past 3 years. The way Kunsunoki played was very graceful and she was able to parts of the piece so quickly that I could not believe how she was able to do it. I was thinking of how much effort and practice she must have done to be at the standard she is at now. She must have played the piano for at least two hours everyday! I guess when someone is passionate about something, they will put in their heart and soul to accomplish the goals they have set for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment