Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our first urbanization lesson

I found our first urbanization lesson very productive. We split into groups and discussed the effects of urbanization. There were three questions on the worksheet we were given and had to fill in the blanks with what we think were the effects of urbanization. There were three sections, air effects, water effects and soil effects. The second question was about the social effects on the villagers and Bombayites, again we had to list them out and write them in the blanks.The third question was about the effects of light pollution, using the information from an article attached behind the worksheets. After the discussion, some groups were chosen to present what they have discussed. Guess what? Our group was chosen! As the group leader, I had to present our discussion to the class! I had to explain the reasons why my group had decided to put this down as an effect. Overall, this lesson is very fun and I got to learn more about urbanization and its effects. The discussion was very good tool to let us find out more about urbanization. I felt the presentation that I did also allowed the information sink in more easily, so I guess I was at an advantage. Being the group leader certainly has its advantages! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment