Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Diary Entry

Dear Diary,

I did something today that I didn’t mean to do. It was an average day. I was waiting for my husband, Patrick, at home as usual. When he returned home, I told him that I was pregnant with a boy. After that I wanted to go prepare supper for Patrick but he stopped me and asked me to sit down as he wanted to tell me something. When I heard the news I was shocked and did not want to believe it. I chose not to believe what Patrick told me. I went into the kitchen to prepare supper. As I took out a leg of lamb, I was furious and lost control. I walked over to Patrick and swung the leg of lamb and hit him square on the head. He collapsed onto the ground. I pretended that nothing happened and acted very calmly. I went to buy groceries and when I reached home, I pretended to be shocked. I picked up the phone and called for the police. The police arrived in minutes and investigated. When the officers asked me what happened I didn’t tell them the truth. I told them I didn’t know what happened. After investigating, I asked the officers to eat the leg of lamb I put in the oven after hitting Patrick with it. I felt relieved that the police weren’t able to find the weapon, in fact, they are eating the weapon! As soon as the police left my house, I felt very relieved that they were not able to find the culprit who committed the crime. I hope I will not be questioned by any police officers anymore.

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand why she can still act so calm when she write her diary entry when she seemed crazy after her husband said that he wanted to leave her. If she think that what she did was not purpose, it is not possibe that she did not turn herself in to the police and atone for the crime she commited. Anyway, it may be the diary entry that Mary Malooney could have written after all that has happened. You can also add that she has a guilty feeling after all that has happened as she thinks that it was accidental. Still it was extraodinary that she did not become mad after killing her own husband.
    Fun Xue Yao

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a rather cold-blooded and sly person to deal with. Having the ability to cover up the crime she had committed, she is smart. However that was not the case at all. She even dare to deny that she did not kill Patrick. I feel that the officers should be more aware of their actions, not like eating the murder weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is very clever, using her status as the policeman's wife to trick them into eating the murder weapon. she is also very calm, after she killed her husband she didnt freak out. good diary entry you have written there.

    ReplyDelete